New Worlds Reading Initiative
Teacher Professional Development
The New Worlds Reading Initiative Teacher Professional Development, created in partnership with the Florida Department of Education and the UF Lastinger Center for Learning is a new FREE professional development opportunity for K-5 classroom teachers in Florida’s public and charter schools.
What is it?
- Training and resources that connect the New Worlds Reading Initiative home book delivery program to classroom-based school literacy instruction
- 1.5-day, in-person institute (breakfast, lunch and snacks provided)
- Day 1: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Day 2: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Who is eligible?
Kindergarten through 5th grade classroom teachers in Florida’s public and charter schools.
- Participants will receive a $450 stipend
- Connect New Worlds Reading book delivery to classroom instruction
- Gain knowledge on the science of reading
- Learn how to use children’s literature to teach the B.E.S.T. Standards
- Improve student literacy outcomes
When does enrollment begin?
Enrollment is now closed. Fill out the Program Interest Form to learn more about the next session.
Where are the sessions held?
Sessions are scheduled in regions across the state and organized into Kindergarten – 2nd grade and 3rd – 5th grade strands.
June 1 & 2, 2023
June 13 & 14, 2023
June 15 & 16, 2023
June 21 & 22, 2023
June 27 & 28, 2023