New Worlds Reading Initiative
Teacher Professional Learning
The New Worlds Reading Initiative Teacher Professional Learning, created in partnership with the Florida Department of Education and the UF Lastinger Center for Learning is a new FREE professional development opportunity for VPK-5 classroom teachers in Florida’s public and charter schools.
What is it?
- Training and resources that connect the New Worlds Reading Initiative home book delivery program to classroom-based school literacy instruction
- 1.5-day, in-person institute (breakfast, lunch and snacks provided)
Who is eligible?
VPK through 5th grade classroom teachers in Florida’s public and charter schools.
- Participants will receive a $450 stipend
- Connect New Worlds Reading book delivery to classroom instruction
- Gain knowledge on the science of reading
- Learn how to use children’s literature to teach the B.E.S.T. Standards
- Improve student literacy outcomes
When does enrollment begin?
Where are the sessions held?