Flamingo Literacy Matrix
The Flamingo Literacy Matrix helps teachers develop the specialized skills and knowledge needed to deliver effective reading instruction.
Our online professional development system is based on the science of reading and prepares teachers to:
- effectively teach reading
- diagnose reading issues
- intervene appropriately using research-based strategies
Participants demonstrate evidence of their learning and receive personalized feedback from expert literacy navigators.
Delivery and Duration
Participants can customize professional development based on their needs by taking any or all of the following online modules:
- Big Picture (prerequisite for all course takers)
- Competency 1: Foundations of Reading
- Competency 2: Instructional Practices
- Competency 3: Assessment of Reading
- Competency 4: Intervention
- Competency 5: Demonstration of Accomplishment (consists of 3 modules)
The Literacy Matrix is available for free to:
- K-12 educators and coaches in Florida as a pathway to the Reading Endorsement
Educators can also register for the Literacy Matrix through self-pay, including but not limited to:
- Any non-Florida public school educator
- Any charter school, private, or homeschool educator
- Any Florida public school educator who is not able to register due to lack of seats
Partner with us!
For more information on bringing the Literacy Matrix to your state or district, contact Language and Literacy Partnerships Manager Jessica Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data shows the Literacy Matrix is moving the needle—learn how it’s impacting teacher practice and student outcomes.
“Participating in the Literacy Matrix professional development has grown my skill set as a teacher, especially in the areas of intervention for struggling readers. Through the Matrix, I learned skills to provide early intervention in a systematic, research based way, instead of just making my best professional “guess” at what areas the student was struggling in. I have been teaching for 10 years and through this Matrix…I have learned more about reading instruction and intervention than ever before.”